Friday, October 17, 2008

HENDERSON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA

BY ED BRUCE edbrucevegas@yahoo.com

CAN'T GET ENOUGHT OF THIS !

3 string shows in 28 hours....this one at the Henderson pavilion (my favorite) with a full orchestra at the peak of their powers....great sound !

Free concert....2 minutes late....excellent sounds here.....lots of strings.

I am in love with young conductor Taras Krysa....what a pro, what a worker, what an organizer !

Three pieces....Jennifer Higdon (most played living composer) plus Dvorak and Schubert (two of the most played dead composers).....all nice compostions......I like Dvorak because he is almost as much Bohemian as I am, plus Symphony No.9 and now Concerto for Cello done masterfully by Andrew Smith.

Lovely Schubert Symphomy #5.....Schubert died at 31 and like Mozart whipped out lots of great stuff....this maybe the best of it.

Usual track meet, video instruments and unsupervised kids making my life miserable.....really I want to give my full attention to these wonderful muscians and this peripheral crap hurts.

A+ 97

No comments: